Are your parents as Risk for Falls? Here are some simple tests!
- Can they stand with their feet together for greater than 10 seconds without holding on?
- Can they stand Tandem ( one foot in front of the other) for greater than 10 seconds without holding on?
- Can they stand on 1 leg without the use of their hands?
If you answered no to the above questions, then they are at risk for a fall this year! Falls can be prevented.
Survey your parents risk here:
- 1 out of 3 people age 65 WILL FALL THIS YEAR!
- 1 out of 2 people age 80 or older WILL FALL THIS YEAR!
- If you have fallen, you will fall again within the next 6 months unless you correct the problem.
- Females are at greater risk of falling.
Information taken from CDC web site
Why is balance so important?
BALANCE IS REQUIRED FOR MANY OF LIFE’S TASKS SUCH AS
- GETTING UP FROM A CHAIR
- CLIMBING STEPS
- PARTICIPATING IN SPORTS
- AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT – EVEN WALKING
We Can Help!
We offer 2 programs at our clinic.
- Post Fall Physical Therapy
- In Home Fall Prevention Program
For those who want to continue to achieve results to prevent falls we offer private pay programs that are One on one with with our Fall Prevention Specialist 2-3x/week. This program will build on the foundation that you gained in Physical Therapy and help you to continue to build strength, balance and flexibilty.
Have difficulty with Transportation and wish to have one of our fall prevention coordinators come to you? We offer Fall Prevention at your home in West Chester and Fairfield areas currently.
Our current patients have NOT fallen since starting our program. With this program we are helping clients stay at home and not have to move into assisted living facilities! Saving families thousands of dollars a month!
Stop the falls TODAY, don’t let a fall cause you/or your parents to lose their independence.