To Our Patients
Information about a New Ohio Law:
Direct Access to a Physical Therapist
Direct Access to Physical Therapy is Here! Stretch Physical Therapy are Individual Physical Therapist that are able to perform rehabilitation therapy directly to patients without a doctors referral.
A new Ohio law was enacted which allows Ohio consumers direct access to physical therapists (individual physical therapist). Direct Access is your ability to be evaluated and treated by a licensed Physical Therapist without first seeing your physician for a referral.
- This will give you much quicker access the treatment you deserve.
- While each patient case is different, clinical research shows that Direct Access should save you money.
- Physical therapy visits last 30-60 minutes so your condition is thoroughly evaluated.
- Seeing a physical therapist first, in many cases, will result in fewer overall treatment sessions.
- Some form of direct access is legal in all 50 states. The recent change in Ohio law now allows Ohio citizens the same choices for their care as consumers in others states.
Patients must be referred to a licensed health care provider for a diagnosis if the Physical Therapy care will exceed 45 days or 12 visits, whichever comes first.
We value the relationship we have with our patients, and their physicians. We will continue to foster this relationship by notifying a patient’s physician of our evaluation findings and providing updates on the care plan as needed.
We continue to strive to provide you and your family the best healthcare possible.
Please call if you have questions, need care or know someone we can help.